LaserSpa of Tampa Bay is at the forefront of laser technology, providing our clients with safe, efficient laser vein removal and top-notch techniques. With over 15 years of experience and the latest in laser technology, Dr. Frangos can effectively remove most vein issues regardless of skin tone, ink color, or tattoo size.
Most people have an unsightly vein or two they wish they could hide, that prevents them from feeling as beautiful as they feel on the inside. These include leg veins, rosacea, broken vessels, and facial spider veins.
Thankfully, you don’t have to live with them, or spend valuable time and money covering them up. Laser treatment helps to diminish the appearance of certain types of veins with no incisions, no downtime, and minimal discomfort. Similarly laser treatment can clear away vascular skin imperfections—and revitalize your face without surgery.
What to expect from laser vein treatment
Unlike surgery that can leave scars, laser leg vein removal uses laser light to constrict blood vessels in the legs, causing the veins to visibly disappear. It’s a simple, clinically proven procedure for reducing the appearance of spider veins on your legs that gets you back on your feet quickly — and gets your legs back to their youthful appearance with ease.
Laser vein treatment for leg veins minimizes the appearance of:
- Leg veins
- Spider veins on the leg
- Reticular veins (bluish-colored)
Rely on laser leg vein treatment for:
- Excellent results for spider and reticular veins
- Non-Invasive vein treatment for leg veins
- Short procedure time (often less than 30 minutes)
- Minimal side effects and no downtime
Laser vein treatment
- Lasers are typically used to treat small to medium-sized blood vessels (one to three millimeters in diameter) that usually occur in the face.
- During treatment, your eyes will be covered so that your corneas and retinas are protected from the laser.
- A handpiece is passed over your skin and the laser light is absorbed by the blood, causing the vessels to coagulate and be absorbed by the body.
- There may be some skin reddening, bruising, and blistering, but these side effects subside over a couple of weeks to a couple of months.
- There is little downtime; however, you will need to protect the area(s) treated from sun exposure.
Spider Vein Treatments
Spider veins (not to be confused with varicose veins) are dilated or stretched blood vessels that have a branching pattern and are commonly found on the thigh, lower leg and occasionally on the face. Spider veins are progressive in nature and usually increase in number and visibility with age. Laser vein treatments are used to treat these vessels, erasing them from your skin.
When to Consider Spider Vein Treatment
- If you have visible veins on your legs or thighs that have a branching or web-like pattern
- If you have a pattern of branching veins on your face that you try to conceal
- If you feel that your spider veins are a sign of aging that you would like to eliminate
Usually, more than one laser session is needed. They are scheduled approximately every 6 to 12 weeks, as prescribed by the doctor. There is no downtime. Patients can immediately resume work and almost all normal activities.
* Results May Vary